Thursday, May 21, 2015

Me and The Night

When the night falls and all is quiet. Its just me and my thoughts with me. My eyes slowly start to close but I fight it. The heavier my eyes get, the more I fight. I would think that after a tiring day all I'd want to do is shut my eyes and rest. But as I feel sleepier, my heavy eyes shed tears. Why would I shed tears? But even the possibility that I'll have to give into this scares me. Petrifies me. As the next morning approached and my bed is wet.... Soaked in my tears and my sweat.
When the night falls..... I'm all alone and serenity is yet to waft over me.
Or, am I living a lie? The ghosts that haunt me when all is silent, attack me at night. If my eyes make the mistake of closing, my dreams are attacked. Where you, my trusted friend are dying... Where my mother is being de-limbed in front of my eyes.... These feelings waft over me as a cold, but piercing deluge.
The night is a time I'm alone, but with my ghosts, fears and anxieties.... The night, is a scary place.

No comments:

Post a Comment