Sunday, July 19, 2015

Thanks

I have always questioned how I am. How am I as a friend, how am I as a boyfriend, how am I as a son, etc. But, I finally know who an I.

I am a friend who breaks friendships between two other friends.
I am a boyfriend who is so cheesy that I am a joke.
I am a son who builds his parents up to lead them to disappointment.

I've always wondered how to change myself. Always. But now, I know how I can change myself. I'll build my parents up even more, so I can finally see a smile of contentment when I perform. I will make even closer friendships so I make sure that I don't lose friends again and I'll also mind my own business this time.

But what about me as a boyfriend?

Oh yea. I changed.
Thanks. For changing me. Thanks for taking that cheesy guy out back and shoot him in the head. He's not there anymore. Thanks for making him feel like he was a joke every time he said something that was one sided. I'm not bitter or mad. But its that I don't love you and its not because I an resentful. I am not. Thanks, because you taught me one thing that I couldn't teach myself.

Thanks for letting me love myself. So now, I'm not that cheesy guy with you anymore. Why? Because I don't need to be cheesy to make you love me and make myself feel like someone loves me. I'm not the cheesy guy anymore because you made me realize that loving myself is better than trying to get someone else to love me.

Thanks for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment